Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Not Many are Wise

For you see your calling, brethren,
that not many wise according to the flesh,
not many mighty, not many noble, 
are called.
1 Corinthians 1:26

Calling
I wrote a recent article entitled "How does the Lord see my contribution to His church?" that is linked to the above title. This morning, I read an article written by Bayless Conley entitled "Unlikely Vessels" sent through my email. In the said article, the Lord gave me His answers. Let's go over to some answers of the Lord to matters I have written, namely:

Doing God's Work is a "Calling" so to speak. Not all are chosen to do so, but once you have been called by the Lord, you can not escape your destiny. The Word of the Lord I received stated in the above verse confirmed these thoughts that I wrote.


A person who is full and abundant is a god of himself. He may acknowledge the Lord as a supreme being who is the one true "God and Ruler of All", but he does not care much because he knows that his successes in life is attributed to him alone. The Lord responded by saying,

But God has chosen
the foolish things of the world
to put to shame the wise.
1 Corinthians 1:27

He thinks of himself as self-sufficient, and his riches are born from his own hard work. Out of his abundance, he gives to his church or to charity but such are only nickels and dimes as compared to the profits that he receives. When it comes to serving the Lord, he will never render his most valued time. The Lord responded by saying,

God has chosen
the weak things of the world
to put to shame the things
which are mighty.
1 Corinthians 1:27

On the other hand, one who has none always looks up to God as his provider. The Lord responded by saying,

God delights in calling and using
those the world passes by
and counts as nothing.

The base things of the world
and the things which are despised
God has chosen,
and the things which are not,
to bring to nothing the things that are,
that no flesh should glory in His presence.

He gives up everything to the Lord in the hope that in return, God will look after His needs and welfare. He may not give as much in terms of material resources as compared to rich people who can afford to do so, but he is willing to render all of his time for the Lord. The Lord responded by saying,

You may feel like you do not have much to offer.
If that is the case, then you are perfect!
When God does great things through you,
then He will get the credit
.
People will know it was Him and not you!

Isn't it amazing to experience that we truly have a one mighty "Living God" who is ready to answer our prayers?

PRAYER

Here I am Lord, use me. Make me as an instrument of your grace and a yielded vessel that is able and willing to perform the good work that you have begun in me. Rescue me from being imprisoned in poverty and grant me the riches of your kingdom in this world, so that I may serve as a living witness of your mighty powers. Please provide me with amazing and prosperous opportunities that would forever make me stable and secure to step out and be used for Your glory. All these I pray, in Jesus Name. Amen.