Thursday, November 12, 2015

NOT TWO BUT ONE

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of us all, who is above all and through all and in all". (Ephesians 4:4-6)

None of us lives for oneself, and no one dies for oneself. For if we live, we live for the Lord, and if we die, we die for the Lord; so then, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. (Romans 14:7-8)

We, though many, are one Body in Christ and individually parts of one another. (Romans 12:5)


ONE BODY IN CHRIST

When He had taken some bread and given thanks, He broke it and gave it to them, saying,
"This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me." (Luke 22:19)

It is impossible that the blood of bulls and goats should take away sins. Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, "Sacrifices and offerings thou hast not desired, but a body hast thou prepared for me; in burnt offerings and sin offerings thou hast taken no pleasure. Then I said, `Lo, I have come to do thy will, O God, 'as it is written of me in the roll of the book." (Hebrews 10:4-7)

When he said above, "Thou hast neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings" (these are offered according to the law), then he added, "Lo, I have come to do thy will." He abolishes the first in order to establish the second. (Hebrews 10:8-9)
And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.  (Hebrews 10:10)
Since Christ Himself has said, "This is My Body" who shall dare to doubt that It is His Body? -- St Cyril of Jerusalem
It is my eager expectation and hope that I shall not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. (Philippians 1:20)




Published
October 24, 2008, 4:44AM