Friday, March 8, 2013

Wisdom to Understand the Ways of the Lord


"Whoever is wise, 
let him understand these things;
whoever is discerning, 
let him know them; 
for the ways of the LORD are right, 
and the upright walk in them, 
but transgressors stumble in them."
Hosea 14:9


What have I to do with idols? (Hosea 14:8)

"The Lord our God, the Lord is one; and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength." (Mark 12:29-30)

There shall be no strange god among you; you shall not bow down to a foreign god. I am the LORD your God, who brought you up. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it. (Psalm 81:9-10)

It is I who answer and look after you. I am like an evergreen cypress, from me comes your fruit. (Hosea 14:8)

In distress you called, and I delivered you; I answered you in the secret place; I tested you (Psalm 81:7). I relieved your shoulder of the burden; your hands were freed from the basket (Psalm 81:6).

I will heal their faithlessness; I will love them freely, for my anger has turned from them (Hosea 14:4).


Published: 4/1/11-6:56AM